Yo-Yo is a sport which is not affected by the contestant’s gender or physical strength. There are former National and World Champions who are women. Today, there are increasingly more women yo-yo players all over the world.
However, the number of women yo-yo players are still comparatively few. This Freestyle event is designed to spotlight and showcase the talent of those who may be a minority in the community for now, but definitely deserve to be seen and amaze the audience on stage.
- Only women can compete in this event
- 2 minute freestyle
- Player may choose their own music
- Player must choose one style among 1A-5A
- Scoring rules are the same as 1A-5A
- Evaluation categories will be the same as the Semi-Final Round of 1A-5A
- We will adjust/normalize the clicker score difference among styles with a coefficient
Prelim (We decided there is No Prelim this year)
If we have 20 or more contestants (in each class) in this event, we will hold a Prelim round. Same rules as Prelim for 1A-5A 1 minute freestyle Evaluation categories will be the same as the Semi-Final Round of 1A-5A Player must choose one style among 1A-5A Scoring rules are the same as 1A-5A We will adjust/normalize the clicker score difference among styles with a coefficient
* Winning this freestyle event does not make the winner a “World Yo-Yo Champion.” Therefore, the contestants in this event are also welcome to compete in 1A-5A to aim for a World Title.
Normalization Among Different Styles
To eliminate the difference of raw clicker number among different styles, we will multiply the sum of positive and negative clickers of each judge with the following value.
NEW We will apply this adjustment before normalizing, so the highest score for TE will still stay 60.0 pts.
1A – 1.00
2A – 1.28
3A – 1.35
4A – 1.19
5A – 1.27
These values are calculated from the scores of OWYYC2022.